I’m very passionate about learning and development. It’s something that I really enjoy doing and I know many of you do too. Below you will find a selection of my favourite fashion photography resources. Give me a good book over a TV show any day.
The Internet offers an abundance of high quality and freely available educational resources for photographers wishing to invest in their development. Of course, as with many of the Internet’s knowledge resources, knowing where to look and what content you can trust, is often an art form in of itself. That’s why I share the resources that I know and trust here with you to take the guess work out of it.
Latest Fashion Photography Resources & Educational Opportunties
- Seeing Through Photographs – Museum of Modern Art – Free course offered via Coursera
- Future Learn – Creative Arts & Media courses offered on futurelearn.com
Image Retouching Resources
- Thoughts on Contrast by Guy Gowan
- Thoughts on Colour by Guy Gowan
- Thoughts on Sharpening by Guy Gowan
- Thoughts on Recovery by Guy Gowan
- Thoughts on HDR by Guy Gowan
- Thoughts on Black and White by Guy Gowan
- Match Tone and Colour in Photoshop
- Editorial Retouch from Start to Finish Series Episodes 1-13 by Krunoslav Stifter
- The Differences between brightness and Luminosity with Conny Wallstrom
- Adding shine or Pop the Highlights with Gry Garness
- An Overview of Colour Grading with Natalia Taffarel
- An indepth analysis of Colour Palettes and Retouching with Natalia Taffarel
- Full Edit with Natalia Taffarel
- Retouching Hair – Clone in Darken Mode by Natalia Taffarel
- Opacity vs Fill by Natalia Taffarel
- How to use Supporting Layers for Editing images with Jonas W
- Glamour Retouching Part 1 With Carrie Beene
- Glamour Retouching Part 2 With Carrie Beene
- Capture One Pro 8 Webinar | Retouching workflow with Pratik Naik
What’s Your Favourite Photography Course?
I’m always interested to hear about new educational resources and the courses/training and content that you have enjoyed, so please feel free to share your experiences in the comments. You can also send me a message in private if you prefer.
What has been the most valuable photography training you have received?
- Tethering Nikon D810 to Mac Book Pro Fix
- How to Extend the Background of an Image Using Photoshop CC
- Richard Hadfield – Behind the Scenes
- Outlaws – ELEGANT Magazine – Fashion Editorial
- Beauty Image Retouching Workflow
- Photoshop CC 2018 Released – You Guessed it – Lots of Issues
- How to Retouch Hair in Photoshop – Video Tutorial
- Headshots Session with Richard Hadfield
- Her League – for Dreamingless Magazine
- Fashion Photography Shoot in Paris – Pont de Bir-Hakeim